Becoming a Member
By being a member of your local swimming club, you are now part of a team that provides a safe and healthy environment to develop swimming skills and promote an active lifestyle. Swimming clubs generate a lot of community support and encourage children to get active and participate in local sport.
Annual Memberships are due on the 30th September every year. They are valid from 1st October until 30th September.
Membership Fees 2022/2023
|Full Swimmer membership (all ages) $100|
|Dry Membership (non-swimmer) $35|
Memberships are paid through Swim Central.
Details on how to access Swim Central are located under Resources.
Active Kids Vouchers can be used to purchase a membership, details on how to do this are located under Resources.
Benefits of a swimming membership include:
· Opportunity to form long lasting friendships
· Experience all levels of competition
· Eligible for talent development through Area and State Development Squads
· Access to the National Results Database
· Access to the exclusive online member area Swim Central
· Eligible for the Junior Excellence Award Program
· Comprehensive Injury Insurance Cover
· Protected by the Swimming Australia Safe Sports Framework
· Have access to up to date publications such as monthly NSW Swimmer Magazine
· Advanced notification of and discounted ticket prices for selected Swimming Australia and Swimming NSW meets
Dry Membership (Parents)
A Working With Children Check (WWCC) is a requirement for people who work or volunteer in child-related work. It involves a national criminal history check and a review of findings of workplace misconduct. It is free for volunteers and lasts for five years. You can apply for one through the Office of The Children’s Guardian (OCG) HERE.
Once you have attained the WWCC please provide the details to the Committee to be added to the secure and confidential register.
Benefits of a dry membership include:
· Opportunity to become accredited as a Swimming NSW and Swimming Australia Technical Official.
· Access to the Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association (ASCTA)
· Opportunity to attend regular coaching courses provided by Swimming NSW and Swim Australia
· Opportunity to vote in your club’s AGM and have a say in how your club is run – this is a committee member privilege
Further information can be found on the Swimming NSW website