The Griffith Swimming Club Committee is made up of volunteers. Each Member of the Club Committee holds office in their appointed role until the completion of the Annual General Meeting in the year following their election.
All committee members retire from their appointed role after one year, at the next Annual General Meeting, but are eligible for re-election (Griffith Swimming Club Constitution).
Committee members for 2023-2024 are as follows: –
Executive Committee Members
|Vice President||Tammy Mingay|
General Committee Members
|Time Trial Coordinator||Richard Busby|
|Publicity Officer I Web Page Coordinator I Facebook||Laura Bugno|
|Club Uniforms||GSC Committee|
|Sponsorship I Grants I Fundraising I Social Events|
|Technical Officials Liaison||Craig Tilston|
Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO)
A MPIO plays an important role in the sport of swimming. They are appointed to act as the first point of contact at a club for any enquiries, concerns or complaints for harassment, abuse and other inappropriate behaviour. As part of their role, the MPIO provides information and moral support to the person with the concern. The basic functions of an MPIO are to:
• Listen and act as a sounding board
• Clarify basic points and concerns
• Refer to the Swimming Australia Member Protection Policy and explain what constitutes inappropriate behaviour
• Explain the complaint process and options available under the Swimming Australia Member Protection Policy
• Monitor and follow-up the enquiry or complaint.
Griffith Swimming Club MPIO:- Gemma Moala